Top Stories

Tag: carbon monoxide

Resort Closed Due to Carbon Monoxide

| February 24, 2014

OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) – A building at Maine’s The Falls at Ogunquit Resort is closed pending an investigation into an incident that exposed 21 resort guests to carbon monoxide. In a statement issued Monday, the resort thanked the Ogunquit Fire Department, and other agencies for their assistance after the building was evacuated. On Sunday, officials […]

Continue Reading

Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning By Operating Your Heating Sources Correctly

| December 27, 2013

If you hear this sound, you should get to fresh air immediately and call 911. This is a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is generally a byproduct of incomplete combustion. Captain Vince Baldwin of the Presque Isle Fire Department says if you have been exposed to the […]

Continue Reading

Fort Kent Family Thankful for Carbon Monoxide Detectors

| September 18, 2013

The Dube family in Fort Kent enjoys some fun time outside. A very relaxed evening for these four, compared to two weeks ago… Stacy was home with her two boys one night and called Patrick at work, complaining about a funky smell in the house that made her and her son feel sick. Stacy Dube […]

Continue Reading