Top Stories

Smart Phone Fire

| January 31, 2014

 

i phone

KENNEBUNK, Maine (AP) – School officials in Maine say a student’s smart phone caught fire in her pants pocket, causing minor burns.
The episode unfolded Friday morning at the Middle School of the Kennebunks, where the eighth-grader was getting ready for her first class when her iPhone started smoking.

The York County Coast Star says Principal Jeff Rodman notified parents that the student was assisted by students and staff, treated by an emergency crew, and transported to Southern Maine Health Care Center. She later returned to class.

Officials believe the phone shorted out when she sat down with it in her back pocket.

Rodman said teachers grabbed a blanket while the girl scrambled to the corner of the room to free herself of the burning jeans. He said the phone was “visibly burnt.”

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: News

Comments are closed.