Top Stories

Home Without Power Catches Fire

| December 27, 2013

Fire2

CHINA, Maine (AP) – A China, Maine, man who has been without power since Monday says he believes candles caused a fire that killed three dogs in his home.
Neil Harrington told the Kennebec Journal he had gone out to buy a generator Friday morning and returned home to see smoke pouring from the home. He used a shovel to break a bedroom window, and a neighbor and first responder pulled his brother-in-law out of the house.

The brother-in-law, who has cerebral palsy, was treated for smoke inhalation.

Utility crews are still working to restore power to thousands of homes and businesses after an ice storm last weekend.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: News

Comments are closed.