Top Stories

Elderly Woman Burned While Cooking

| September 5, 2013

Fire

BRUNSWICK, ME: A 92 year old woman was seriously injured when her clothes caught fire while she was cooking.  She was taken to the trauma unit at Maine Medical Center in Portland with third degree burns on her back.  The incident took place at about 6 PM on Wednesday.  She was wearing a life alert device at the time, which notified the fire department and a neighbor.  The neighbor suffered minor hand burns and the woman’s home also received minor damage.  The fire is under investigation although it is not considered suspicious.  The woman’s name was not made public.

Category: News

Comments are closed.