Top Stories

Masardis Fire Leaves Trading Post a Total Loss

| January 2, 2014

Fire

A fire in Masardis Wednesday night has left the Trading Post a total loss.  Fortunately no one was injured as the owners, who lived in an apartment on the second floor, were not home at the time.  Masardis Fire Chief Nelson Craig says the  fire may have been caused by the pellet stove in the apartment.  The store and the apartment are a total loss. Nelson says 8 firefighters from Masardis and 10 crew members from Ashland battled the blaze.  Nelson said the bitter cold temperatures last night made it difficult for the crews.   NewsSource 8 sent a reporter at the scene and will have more on this story at 5:30 and 6.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Tags:

Category: News

Comments are closed.