Top Stories

Home Without Power Catches Fire

| December 27, 2013

Fire2

CHINA, Maine (AP) – A China, Maine, man who has been without power since Monday says he believes candles caused a fire that killed three dogs in his home.
Neil Harrington told the Kennebec Journal he had gone out to buy a generator Friday morning and returned home to see smoke pouring from the home. He used a shovel to break a bedroom window, and a neighbor and first responder pulled his brother-in-law out of the house.

The brother-in-law, who has cerebral palsy, was treated for smoke inhalation.

Utility crews are still working to restore power to thousands of homes and businesses after an ice storm last weekend.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Tags: , , , ,

Category: News

Comments are closed.