Top Stories

Berwick Woman Injured in Fire

| January 31, 2014

Fire

Fire Marshals say a Berwick woman was seriously injured when fire broke out in her house early Friday morning.  Rebecca Galleshaw, 63, suffered severe smoke inhalation and was transferred to a Boston hospital Friday afternoon.   Firefighters found her in her bed after they  were called to the house on First Street about 8:30 Friday morning.  They administrated CPR and she was rushed to a New Hampshire hospital.  Fire Marshal Investigators said the fire started in electrical wiring in the basement.  Fire damage was confined to the basement, but the rest of the one story house sustained heavy smoke damage. Galleshaw lived alone in the ranch style home.  

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someone

Tags: , ,

Category: News

Comments are closed.