POLARIS CABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AND TECH SUPPORT
FULL TIME JOB OPENING
JOB PURPOSE – Provide excellent service supporting our customers and products, via telephone and in person in a busy
office environment. Below is a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in
Hours of work: 40 Hours a week, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm, but shift may vary. Overtime may be required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates computerized systems to record data, make corrections or complete required follow up.
- Activates new accounts
- Upgrades, downgrades, transfer and reconnects service. Answers basic billing questions (such as non-pays) and will process payments.
- Responds to customer inquiries of a technical or complex nature which are predominantly routine, but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Responsible for providing quality technical support to customers and to installation and service personnel who are having problems using the company’s products. Requires advanced technical knowledge of the company’s products and services. May assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services.
- Sell our services and features to meet defined sales objectives/goals.
- Applies company technical support policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of customer service.
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm and professional through stressful or ambiguous situations in order to objectively interpret information
- Ability to work independently to resolve customer inquiries, problems, or complaints.
- Ability to adapt communication styles and interact well with a large and diverse group of employees and customers in order to complete tasks.
- Previous experience working with multiple software applications required.
- Computer networking knowledge and terminology including knowledge of Microsoft and MAC Operating Systems at the end user level.
- Supervisor experience a plus.
- College Education or technical training in computer software and computer sciences
Education and Experience :
High School Diploma or minimum two (2) years of customer service experience required
More on Polaris Cable:
Polaris Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package.
Send Resume to [email protected] ; Polaris Cable, Attn: Catherine Donovan, GM, 34 Military St, Houlton Me 04730